Slab leaks can be a serious problem for many homeowners. They often start out small but overtime can cause major damage to a home’s foundation. Slab leaks occur when a pipe leaks inside or under concrete foundation.
Since slab leaks most often start out small they can be hard to detect. The most obvious sign of a leak is water coming up through the foundation or wet spots/stains on the floor. If you suspect you have a slab leak in your home it is crucial to contact a professional plumber immediately to asses the situation.
North County Plumbing & Drain Cleaning Inc. have experience in slab leak detection and repair. Our expert technicians can quickly locate the source of the leak and determine the best method of repair.
Slab Leak Causes
Slab leaks can be caused by several different issues including:
- Poor installation of pipes
- Contact with rocks or pressure from soil movement
- Pipe deterioration caused by high levels of chloride or sulfate in soil
Signs of a Slab Leak
- The sound of constant running water.
- Low water pressure and abrupt increase in water bill.
- Water coming through house foundation.
- Wet spots, stains and cracks on walls.
- Warped, stained or wet flooring.
- Moldy carpets.
- Hot spot on floors (common for radiant heating systems, where hot water leaks underneath the concrete slab).
Slab Leak Repair & Detection
Our technicians have the experience and knowledge necessary to handle any slab leak repair. With over 20 years of experience, we have detected and repaired numerous slab leaks in both residential and commercial capacities. Our technicians are equipped with state of the art detection tools to help them quickly locate the source and severity of the leak. Not all leaks are the same, which is why we strive to recommend the best possible solution for your situation. If you think you may have a slab or leak in your foundation, give us a call today.